Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shoe Patrol - Parking Spots For Women Only

Gangham Station - Seoul, South Korea
Gangham Station - Seoul, South Korea

Seoul, South Korea is creating "high-heel friendly" parking spaces for women drivers in the city. I.love.this.idea. The city has already painted 4,969 pink parking spaces (yes, pink) and plans to paint thousands more private and public parking spaces to be women, and high-heel friendly. The idea came about so that women wouldn't have to walk far from their cars to the mall entrance or wherever their feet take them. The parking space project comes from South Korea's Women Friendly Seoul Project; the city is notoriously known for being "macho" and wants to include women in their thriving city standards. In a way I could see how this could be offensive to women and make you go hm? But on the other hand, anyone that knows me knows I'm kind of lazy (lol). So I would definitely love my very own pink parking space right in the front Tyson's (my favorite mall) so I can walk my 6.5 size foot right on in the front entrance in a matter of seconds. Sounds like a plan to me. What do you guys think?

To read more about this go to Time.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails