Monday, September 21, 2009

Fashion Week Spring 2010

Oh fashion week, you do me right every single season. Especially this season in particular. There were colors, prints, basics, lingerie, everything a girl needs to fill her closet with. But now that fashion week has wrapped up and all the fabulous-ness that is Bryant Park has packed up and moved on to London, it's now time to report and check out the great looks from the runway.

With Spring coming along (obviously) SHORTS were huge on the runway. From short shorts to longer, (but mostly short) many designers incorporated them into their lines.


Credit: Style.com; Marc by Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, Charlotte Ronson, Carolina Herrera, Brian Reyes

Another trend that hit hard on the runway which I love (and already have a lot of) is BLUE. All different shades were used on all different garments.

Credit: Style.com; Rachel Roy, Nicole Miller, Marc Jacobs, Charlotte Ronson, BCBG Max Azria

I hope you have somewhere to go this Spring, because PARTY DRESSES were also a defining trend on the runway. Designers used lots of colors and prints to make the dresses stand out.

Credit: Style.com; Jill Stuart, Jason Wu, Derek Lam, BCBG Max Azria

Don't throw away your fall, STRONG SHOULDER blazers out quite yet, they're back! I know a lot of people think Madonna, circa 1980-whatever, but I love them, especially since I was only a baby then :)

Credit: Style.com; Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jill Stuart, Isaac Mizrahi, Charlotte Ronson

Anyone who knows me, knows I love Lady Gaga. This woman went ALL OUT during the VMA's (hilarious) and I thought she was absolutely fabulous. And to prove her fabulousness, designers have started picking up her personal style of NO PANTS.

Credit: Style.com; Marc Jacobs, L.A.M.B, Derek Lam, Charlotte Ronson

Not only were people not wearing pants, but there was also a lot of nipple action on the runway. SHEER, with no bra, is back!

Credit: Style.com; Rachel Roy, Nicole Miller, Michael Kors, 3.1 Phillip Lim

When I think of DRAPING and luxurious gowns, my mind always goes back to Rami from Project Runway Season 4. The judges use to ask him, is this all you can do? Well, the trend is hitting the runways and designers are showing what they can do.

Credit: Style.com; Rachel Roy, Michael Kors, Matthew Williamson, Jill Stuart

All in all, Fashion Week Spring 2010 NYC was a success. My favorite designer from the runways was definitely Charlotte Ronson. I absolotey loved her line and would defintiely wear A LOT of garments she made. Do you have any favorite designers from this years fashion week? I'd love to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails