Thursday, October 22, 2009

5 Reasons Why I Love The November Issue Of Glamour

To be honest, I’m pretty biased on this subject matter, especially since I worked there over the summer. Nonetheless, I still love this magazine. From the eye-catching layouts to their fashion stories, Glamour makes me happy. Read why:

One, I am like a small child, extremely A.D.D., loves color, shapes, and textures, so of course, the cover of Glamour with Scarlett Johansson grabbed my attention immediately. She’s wearing a simple heart t-shirt by Lanvin ($733, SPLURGE!) that honestly, makes me happy. It’s just a t-shirt, yet I am so intrigued…maybe it’s because Scarlett Johansson is so freaking gorgeous and I secretly have a girl crush on her, I don’t know? Whatever the case is, I love it – you had me at hello :)

Then flip to page 46 and check out the ‘Dare of the Month,’ hilarious! I remember when working at Glamour Ranya Fattouh, Executive Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief, dressed as Lady Gaga and walked around Times Square and the Condé Nast building. That was a funny moment. But this ‘Dare’ is even more hilarious. They hired two actors to play a “cougar-type” couple, a 70-year-old woman and 24-year-old man. Wow, to say the least. The best part is seeing people in New York’s reaction!

Now on to my favorite part of any magazine, the fashion features. Let the bias-ness begin! Now, I know exactly who writes these, and maybe that’s why I love them so, but to be honest, I don’t care. I loved the ideas on how to wear your dress in the fall and how to incorporate floral (still a big trend). The ‘Fashion My Way’ with Rory Tahari about style was also really helpful for anyone needing style advice. And then Suze Yalof Schwartz’s tips for dressing your body is always helpful for women of all body types and shapes who need help finding the best bra, the best body shapers, and everything else in between.

The Life & Happiness section of Glamour is always so positive and fun to read, and I loved their “We’re Going To Teach You To Be Rich” article. We all hope to be that one day, right? Well, the tips they gave were really great ways to progress your dreams of one day living lavishly like the many people we secretly hate. They even throw in a tip from Ivanka Trump and a personal finance expert.

And their ‘Real Stories’ are always touching and relatable to current times and struggles. They discuss an issue about health care, and even throw in an Obama story (not about health care).

Yay for Glamour magazine! Pick up a copy to gorge in all the greatness, or head over to Glamour.com.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see that dare... I can just imagine New Yorkers faces LOL
    Go granny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails